Released on September 12, 2012
- With Window / Full Screen modes (Lion and Moutain Lion only) you choose the size of Raskin Surface for a more integrated workflow with graphic, photo and other applications.
- Raskin is now fully adapted for Retina displays.
- Better wording in View > Display submenu in case items are inactive.
- Changing the selection color in System Preferences > Appearance is now reflected in Raskin without relaunching the application.
- Possible hang while Raskin was auto-saving the Surface arrangement.
Released on March 28, 2012
- Possible hang when renaming a folder.
- Possible crash while using Raskin.
Released on March 22, 2012
- Play movies directly on the Raskin Surface using the buttons below the preview. Raskin plays back multiple movies concurrently (number of movies depends on your hardware).
- Choose your own Raskin Surface background color (in Preferences).
- Updated, borderless look that goes well with any background color you choose.
- Raskin will now use the selection color you have set in System Preferences under Appearance.
- More precise scrolling when using trackpad under Lion.
- More compact and easier to read Preferences window.
- Visual fix of sort indicator (triangle) in Places.
- Several issues on specific configurations that could lead to a crash while navigating on the Surface.
Released on Februar 8, 2012
- The View > Display submenu (and corresponding context menu items) will now show the number of files hidden or shown after executing the command.
- The Arrange By menu now will show several check marks in case multiple folders with different sort criteria are selected.
- The Arrange By menu will now always accept keyboard shortcuts.
- Fixed an issue where a Place could be expanded too much after moving an item into it.
- Fixed an issue that could lead to the application being unresponsive on first launch.
- Several issues on specific configurations that could lead to a crash while: using the Quick Look Panel on Lion; staying in sync with files and folders on the drive; navigating on the Surface.
Released on January 19, 2012
- Command-Down Arrow (⌘↓) can now be used to open selected files (in addition to ⌘O).
- Staying in sync with files and folders on the drive is more accurate, especially when renaming folders that are displayed as Places.
- Folders or files that are displayed as Places will now be removed from the Surface when moving them to trash in Finder.
- Render quality of document previews.
- Faster and more accurate document preview rendering.
- Overall performance improvements while displaying entire Surface.
- Launch time: Raskin starts even faster.
- After sending an anonymous crash report, Raskin will check if an update is available and will inform the user upon relaunch.
- Less memory consumption, especially with Surfaces that have long titles of Places.
- Saving a document in some applications could lead to a file being displayed twice on the Surface or to the file changing its position.
- After duplicating files using the menu command, they did not become instantly visible inside Raskin. They will now be instantly visible (or depending on arrangement add to the number of files currently hidden in the footer).
- Shut down of Macs running Lion can no longer be interrupted by Raskin.
- Potential crash on launch of Raskin.
- Potential freeze under specific system configuration.
- Command-W (⌘W) can now be used again to close the Preferences window.
- Hiding a Place now always removes its Place Alias.
- Adding a Place using Finder now always creates a Place Alias when necessary.
- Menu command Selection > Show Folder as Place has regained its correct name.
- Changing the selection while the Quick Look panel ist open now always changes its contents.
Released on Dezember 12, 2011
- Moving a folder that is displayed as a Place to trash in Finder removes it from the Surface.
- Context menu now shows “Slideshow” when using Option key (ALT)
- Display More shows more subfolders inside the folder when there are not more than 20 items inside.
- Minor improvements to the context menu.
- Scrollbars will no longer stay visible for 15 seconds on first launch of Raskin.
- After renaming a file or folder in Finder the new name will appear faster inside Raskin.
- Reveal in Finder of an application no longer launches it.
- Fullscreen preview with Command-Option-Space could lead to a crash when hit it directly after panning using Space key.
- Renaming on case insensitive volumes now works as expected when trying to use a new name that only differs in case.
- Several issues that could lead to a crash when: using context menu; when starting Raskin; when navigating in Raskin on specific system configuration; when syncing volume and Raskin; and after changing the theme and then clicking on the Display Less button.
- Using "Get Info in Finder" in the context menu on a Place works again.
Released on November 23, 2011
- Display More/Less: Easily adjust the number of items shown in each folder or Place using new Plus/Minus buttons top right, using familiar ⌘O (more), ⌥⌘W (less) and ⌘W (no items) shortcuts – or using the main or shortcut menus.
- Direct Slideshow of multiple items or full screen preview of individual item using ⌥-Space or ⌥⌘Y.
- Renaming items now requires a second click on the file or folder name in order to effectively prevent accidental renaming.
- Shortcut menu (right-click) is better arranged and provides added functionality: Display More/Less on folders and Places; Light Table View and New Place on Surface.
- More compact layout within Places. Small folders don't necessarily force a new line anymore.
- Stabler Appearance of the Surface after launching Raskin, improved algorithm reduces re-layouting of individual items.
- The Applications Place now shows a shortlist of more relevant applications (when launching Raskin the very first time), they are now selected by their Last Opened Date.
- Staying in sync with files on the drive now uses less CPU power and the on Surface display of newly created files is more accurate.
- The calculation of file and folder sizes has been performance-optimized and is less intrusive while using Raskin.
- Added German language support for the Services shortcut menu (you'll need to log out or reboot for this to take effect).
Released on November 10, 2011
- Folders that don't display all of their contents will now give a visual hint at this with a darker background.
- Sorting by Date Modified now uses the content modification date, ignores changes of file attributes such as labels (as in Finder).
- Updated look of file items improves readability of file names and reduces flickers when zoomed out quite far.
- Brighter file label colors are easier to distinguish.
- Better rendering of the file renamer.
- Introduced a maximum height for file items in order to avoid extremely long and narrow previews.
- Updated look of labeled and selected folders.
- Adjustments to font sizes and Surface geometry for better readability.
- Places, like folders, now show a folder icon only in case it is not the standard folder icon.
- Rendering of file previews.
- Rendering of label and arrangement buttons.
- Less intrusive Activity panel will now be displayed automatically only with most relevant operations.
- After adding a folder containing empty folders, these empty folders will now be displayed by default.
- Fixed potential crash when an item is moved or deleted outside of Raskin.
- Fixed potential crash when adding Items to the Surface.
- Fixed potential endless spinning when navigating the Surface.
- Fixed several potential crashes or hangs on launch and while Raskin analyzes the items on the Surface.
- After creating a new Place using Command-Option-N the Surface now auto-scrolls to the accurate position.
Released on October 26, 2011
- To improve consistency with OS X Lion Finder we've added a second menu command in order to group selected items into a new folder. You can now either use “New Folder with Selection” (^⌘N) from the File menu or “Put Selection into New Folder” (⌘G) from the Selection menu.
- Zooming and panning is now more responsive.
- The process of analyzing items on the Surface during start-up is now more stable. We're afraid that under circumstances the application might still hang, requiring Force Quit. We're investigating the problem and will address it with the next maintenance update.
Released on October 17, 2011
- Raskin now stores arrangements within Places with data stored on external drives or network shares and will keep this information after you disconnect. It will also remember arrangements of Places that you hide manually. You can now add these Places again after which they will have the same arrangements as before (except for those items that have been moved or added in the meantime).
- Staying in sync with files and folders.
- Catching up with changes on volumes.
- Showing the Application place again after it had been hidden.
- Linking open TextEdit documents with files.
- Calculating cumulative size of folders.
- Error message in case application has been modified by unauthorized access.
- Multiple updates to Raskin Help in order to reflect the new functionality.
- Overall codebase improvements.
- OS X Lion issue: Raskin will no longer misalign the main window (Raskin Surface) .
- OS X Lion issue: zooming using modifier-key no longer changes direction depending on scroll setting.
- Display issue: Will no longer show an abondoned little thing in the lower left corner.
- Potential issue when starting Raskin and adding Places simultaniously.
- Possible hang at launch while initializing open windows.
- Possible hang at launch while checking license (non Mac App Store only).
- Potential crash when selecting or deselecting folders or files.
- Potential crash when calculating total amount of items on Surface.
- Potential crash when items become invisible.
- Crash that could occur at the end of the update process (non Mac App Store only, in this case, please manually move old Raskin application to trash).
Released on August 4, 2011
- New Help menu item to watch the intro video online.
- License activation will now accept files where a file name suffix had been added by the web browser (“.rdp” or “.xml”).
- Improved sort indicator which could cause a crash under certain circumstances.
- Fixed potential crash when opening Preferences.
- Fixed potential crash when starting Raskin.
- Fixed crash while opening files that didn’t have a standard application assigned.
- Fixed potential crash when creating a new Place.
- OS X Lion Finder no longer shows an error dialog when launching Raskin the very first time.
Released on July 20, 2011
- After editing and saving a document in another application its correct location and display size is once again being retained. This also applies to documents and folders that have been renamed using Finder.
- Under circumstances a single document could be displayed twice on the Surface.
- Updating Raskin using another user account than the account that had been used for installation could lead to a crash.
- At the second launch Raskin will now ask again if Auto-Update should be turned on.
Released on June 29, 2011
- The “Focus” on “Raskin Home” command now works correctly when the Quick Start Guide is hidden.
- Better rendering of document label buttons.
- Raskin runs more stable on several specific hardware configurations.
- Raskin won’t crash in cases where a document doesn’t have a default application assigned.
- A crash that could occur when the Raskin application file was incomplete or corrupt. Raskin will now prompt to download the application again.
- Several typos in German manual.
Released on June 16, 2011
- Light Table View: Use Raskin’s New Light Table View (from the View menu or ⌘L) for ad hoc presentations or as a dedicated review space
- Autofocus while dragging items (moving and re-organizing made easier). This behaves similar than Finder’s “Spring-Loaded Folders”, drag objects on a folder and wait for Raskin to move it into focus. Delay can be adjusted in Preferences.
- Auto-open (eg. Drag and Drop pictures and text straight into your layout document). Similar to Autofocus, documents now are “Spring-Loaded” as well.
- New “Focus” menu and shortcut menu for a better navigation experience
- Hide “Applications” on Raskin Surface if you don’t need them.
- Hide the Quick Start Guide (includes big Raskin icon) from the Surface.
- German localization: Raskin now speaks German. (Wunderbar!) Includes localization of application, manual and web site. Support is available in German too.
- “Open With Raskin”: The shortcut menu’s Open With item in other applications (eg. right-click on an attachment in Mail) now includes Raskin. Use this to quickly locate a file on the Surface.
- Sort indicator in Places: like folders, Places now indicate how they are arranged top right.
- Hide objects: New keyboard shortcut to hide selected objects (^⌘H)
- Shortcut menu (right-click) now displays the name of the clicked object (handy when zoomed out).
- Performance: even more speed, less CPU and RAM usage.
- New items created outside of Raskin now displayed immediately (eliminates the need to click Show More).
- Revealing folders in Finder will now directly open the folders rather than only select them.
- New Places now appear to the right (which leaves your Surface arrangement more consistent). After they’ve been created, they can be re-arranged to any desired position.
- Adding folders with a large amount of files to the Surface uses a new algorithm in order to display a more balanced and relevant extract.
- A new algorithm improves the initial arrangement of the Raskin Surface (when Raskin is launched the very first time).
- Application Place will now show less irrelevant files (when first created).
- More Raskin-esque Zoom buttons bottom right
- Improved sorting (in cases where several items have the exact same metadata sort information).
- More accurate positioning of a single copied file (using Option key).
- More compact “Open in” indicator.
- Cleaner folder design shows less horizontal lines.
- Cleaner Registration window.
- “Sort By” renamed to “Arrange By” (View menu).
- Factory Reset: Clicking on “Rebuild Surface” will now reset user preferences to their default values.
- Raskin no longer puts “Raskin Places“ into your Finder sidebar on first launch.
- Less hardware information sent on checking for updates.
- Moving several items from different folders now moves them all to the same position.
- Newly added Places could in rare circumstances lose connection to their Volume and stopped updating their contents.
- Several typos.
- Potential hang when starting Raskin again after a previous crash.
- Fixed crash when clicking the Registration window’s “Choose File” button.
- Other applications now come to the foreground more consistently after opening files.
- No longer possible to move a folder into its own subfolder.
- No longer possible to drag a Place off of the Surface.
- Possible hang when other applications didn’t respond while Raskin tries to link open windows and documents.
- Total amount of items being arranged more accurate in Activity Window.
- Minor fixes increasing quality of internal data structures and recovery of inconsistencies.
- Removed pre Raskin 1.0 Beta migration functionality.
- Files can no longer be displayed twice in the same location.
- File system hidden files are no longer counted in the footer of a folder.